The Smith OEDC conducts research and collects data about outdoor recreation in West Virginia. Over the past few years, we've found that the Mountain State sits on some of the best natural resources in the US. Check out these numbers!
- 2,023 : With 2,023 miles of whitewater, West Virginia has the greatest density in the US.
- 500+ : There are 500 climbing and boulder routes within a 10-mile radius of Morgantown, WV.
- 1,568' : WV is the only state east of Wyoming with a true summit on Seneca Rocks.
- 44 : Get outside with 35 state parks and 9 state forests in West Virginia.
- 4,000+ : The New River Gorge area offers 3,500 roped climbs and 500 bouldering routes.
- 107 : Explore more with 107 wildlife management areas.
- 35,000 : An IMBA Ride Center, Snowshoe Highlands has 35,000 scenic acres to mountain bike.
- 605 : Paddle 605 miles of whitewater within an hour and a half drive from Morgantown.
- 63 : The New River Gorge National Park and Preserve is America's 63rd National Park.